Midtown Villages Grand Opening; also, voted Best Public Housing Redevelopment
Grand Opening, Oct. 6, 2022
Midtown Villages Grand Opening was held on Oct. 6, 2022, as residents, GH staff and board, community partners and others enjoyed freshly-made tacos and encouraging words from key people involved with the $45 million project.
Read the story of the Grand Opening in The Times at https://www.gainesvilletimes.com/.../a-community-that.../
or learn more about Midtown Villages at https://www.gainesvillehousing
Midtown Villages voted best public housing redevelopment
Also, Midtown Villages has recently garnered several distinctive awards, including the Readers’ Choice Award for Best Public Housing Redevelopment for 2022 in the Affordable Housing Finance magazine.
Midtown Villages has won five awards this year, including:
• 2022 Charles Edson Tax Credit Excellence Award for Best HUD Preservation project in the country by the Affordable Housing Tax Credit Coalition
• 2022 Affordable Housing Finance magazine Readers’ Choice Award for Best Public Housing Redevelopment
• 2022 SERC-NAHRO (a regional trade association of public housing authorities) Development of the Year Award
• 2022 NAHRO (the national trade association of public housing authorities) Award of Merit
• Novogradac Journal of Tax Credits 2022 Development of Distinction for a Development that Best Preserves Existing Affordable Housing, Honorable Mention